Ministry says Slovenians not allowed to enter Serbia
Ljubljana, 15 March - The Foreign Ministry said on Twitter on Sunday that Slovenian citizens were no longer allowed by Serbian authorities to enter the country as a measure to contain the spreading of the new coronavirus. It had also been unofficially reported that the measure was implemented by Croatia, which was later denied by the Croatian authorities.
The Serbian authorities announced the measure on the government website. As an additional measure to contain the outbreak, a temporary ban has been issued for foreigners coming from Slovenia, France, Germany, Austria, Spain, Greece and Switzerland.
The ministry said in a tweet that "Serbia no longer allows Slovenian citizens to enter Serbia. The temporary ban also applies to citizens of other countries where epidemic has been declared."
In another tweet, the ministry said that "according to the information we possess, Croatia is denying entry to Slovenian citizens." It added that Slovenian citizens who have residence in Croatia would be subject to two-week self-isolation upon entry to the country.
The ministry explained for the STA that the information had been received from the Slovenian police and the Slovenian ambassador in Croatia. It added that this was not official information.
Later in the day, the ministry tweeted that "according to the information from the Croatian authorities, a ban on entry of Slovenian citizens to Croatia is not in force."