User name
Password

Don't have a user name yet?
Register here.

Help

Mountain hut goes up in flames as Pole mistakes kerosene for water

Kamnik, 23 October - A Polish mountaineer who put a pot of kerosene on the stove thinking it was water caused a fire that destroyed a newly refurbished mountain hut in the Karawanks in the north of Slovenia Friday night, but luckily she and her two underage sons had a narrow escape.

Kamnik
The Kocbek mountain hut.
Photo: Aljoša Rehar/STA

Kamnik
The Kocbek mountain hut.
Photo: Aljoša Rehar/STA

Kamnik
The Kocbek mountain hut.
Photo: Aljoša Rehar/STA

Kamnik
The Kocbek mountain hut.
Photo: Aljoša Rehar/STA

Kamnik
The Kocbek mountain hut.
Photo: Aljoša Rehar/STA

The rest of this news item is available to subscribers.
The news item consists of 1.525 characters (without spaces) or 336 words words.

Buy the news item. Price: 2 tokens; on account: 0 tokens.

ep/sm
© STA, 2017