Schedule for Opening Day of OSCE Ministerial - Monday, 5 December
Ljubljana, 4 December - Schedule of events at the 13th OSCE Ministerial Council in Ljubljana for Monday, 5 December:
OPENING DAY OF 13TH MINISTERIAL COUNCIL; venue: GOSPODARSKO RAZSTAVISCE (STA)
9:30 - Official opening with an opening address by the OSCE chairman-in-office, Slovenia's FM Dimitrij Rupel, followed by addresses by Slovenian President Janez Drnovsek, Slovenian PM Janez Jansa, OSCE Parliamentary Assembly President Alcee L. Hastings and OSCE Secretary General Marc Perrin de Brichambaut.
- Official opening followed by the first plenary session, to be chaired by the OSCE chairman-in-office, FM Dimitrij Rupel.
12:45 PM - Group photo session of all heads of the participating delegations.
1 PM - Working launch hosted by the OSCE chairman-in-office, FM Dimitrij Rupel, for the heads of delegations attending the ministerial.
3 PM - Second plenary session; ends at 6 PM.
8 PM - Reception for the press covering the ministerial at the NARODNI MUZEJ museum, 20 Presernova Street.
8:30 PM - Official dinner for ministers/heads of delegations at the GRAND HOTEL UNION, 2 Nazorjeva Street.
- President Janez Drnovsek and PM Janez Jansa are to meet European Commissioner for External Relations Benita Ferrero-Waldner at 3:25 PM and 4 PM, respectively.
- President Janez Drnovsek is to meet South Korean FM Ban Ki-moon at 4:15 PM.
- The Institute for Ethnic Studies is to host a panel on human rights, the prevention of discrimination and promotion of tolerance in the OSCE area, featuring the OSCE chairman-in-office's personal representatives Gert Weisskirchen, Anastasia Crickley and Omur Orhun; starts at 5 PM. (STA)
- duty editor at OSCE ministerial: Nadja Podobnik at +386 1 36 99 745
- STA English Service editor Eva Horvat at +386 1 24 10 109
- PHOTO SERVICE: http://www.sta.si/foto.php
- photo service technical support: email@example.com or 041 726 843
- comments and suggestions may be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org